Mountlake Terrace First Baptist Church was established in 1952 under the leadership of Pastor Arthur Smith. Church services were held in the parsonage and Sunday school classes met in private homes. The first church building was completed in 1955 and Pastor William Brice succeeded Pastor Smith two years later.
Pastor Victor McKee came to the church in 1959. Within the next few years, a new sanctuary, fellowship hall, classrooms and the pastor's study were finished. Pastor McKee retired in 1977, which also saw the payoff of the parsonage mortgage.
Pastor David Roberts was called in 1978 and the parsonage was sold the following year. Mountlake Terrace First Baptist Church began participating in community interdenominational Thanksgiving services in 1980 and Vacation Bible School in 1983. Both of these programs continue to the present time. In 1991 the church mortgage was paid off and subsequently burned during a Sunday morning worship service. Some four years later a new constitution was adopted which included the restructuring of the various committees. Pastor Roberts resigned in early 1997 to take the senior Pastor's position at The First Baptist Church, Yakima, Washington.
From March 1997 until the spring of 2002, when Pastor Angela Farrar was called, the congregation worked with several pastors. Those with the longer terms with the church were: Rev. Russell Hendrickson, Rev. Sandra Douglas and Rev. Richard E. Johnson.
In the spring of 2002, while the congregation was in the midst of celebrating its fiftieth anniversary year, Pastor Angela Farrar was called, working part-time while finishing her seminary training. After she completed her formal training and received her ordination, Pastor Farrar served the congregation full-time, until submitting her resignation in the spring of 2006. Rev. William Clarke was the church's interim pastor through Sunday, April 15, 2007.
In March, 2007, the congregation extended a call to the Rev. Dennis Plourde to serve as Pastor of First Baptist. Pastor Dennis began his work with the Congregation April 20, 2007.